Friday, March 25

The Rita Awards

About 90 minutes ago, I learned that I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU SOMEONE ELSE is a finalist in two categories for the Romance Writers of America's Rita Awards -- Best First Book and Best YA Romance -- and my hands have not stopped shaking yet.


From their website:


The purpose of the RITA® contest is to promote excellence in the romance 
genre by recognizing outstanding published romance novels and novellas.

The award itself is a golden statuette named after RWA's first president, 
Rita Clay Estrada, and has become the symbol for excellence in published 
romance fiction.

And in the words of the lovely Tina Ferraro, whose ABC'S OF KISSING BOYS was a 2010 Rita Awards Finalist, "This is top honors in the romance writing world."  So naturally I'm a nervous wreck.  A grateful one.  An overwhelmed one, but both nervous and a wreck nonetheless.  I think I have more to say about this, but since I'm fuzzy-headed at the moment from too much adrenaline flooding my system, I'll have to write more later.






6 comments:

  1. Erin, I am thrilled for you...and only sorry that I will not be there to cheer you on. And as part of your celebration tonight, I think Simon deserves sushi! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Tina!! He is so unimpressed with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a golden statuette! Just like the Oscars! Wonderful news--can't wait to hear the results. Fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by because I'm reading your book now, since I want to try and read all of the finalists before the conference. I LOVE YOUR BOOK! It is SO, SO good, Erin. I can't believe I'm on the list with so many amazing books.

    I hope I get to meet you in New York in June!! It'll be my first trip to NYC. Eek!!

    ReplyDelete