Monday, September 27

Monday's RQ

Today's Random Question: What exactly is Books By the Banks?

Books By the Banks is an annual book festival in Cincinnati that, last year, 3000 people, a bunch of press and 90 authors attended. And I think I should confess right here that until I was invited to participate in it, I had never heard of it, which is my fault for not paying attention to these kinds of things. If, when the space aliens finally decide to take over Earth, they don't land directly in my back yard, I'm pretty sure I'll miss it.

So, Books By the Banks is this Saturday, October 2, in Cincinnati at the Duke Energy Convention Center, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and it's free, but you have the opportunity to buy books and meet and chat with the authors. And here are the two things I'm most excited about:

1. Just being asked to participate. Really. I still can't believe it.

2. I get a runner for the day. One runner is assigned to two authors, and if we need anything to drink, apparently, or more books to sign, the runner fetches them. All I want to know is if I can take the runner home with me for a week. I'll pay, of course. I could definitely use a Personal Runner.

Okay -- wait -- I just thought of a third thing.

3. Getting a copy of the poster. I hope they have them for sale, because this thing is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing you girl! Can't wait for us to get together again! It better be sooner than another 4 years :)

    Michelle P.

    ReplyDelete